Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Daily Eats: Teriyaki Burger w/ Garlic Fries

Teriyaki Burger on a Lettuce Bun w/ Garlic Fries
I really wanted to make hamburgers for myself and my homegurl Brittany. I got the meat on the griddle and started to assemble the veggies that I wanted on the burgers. But then as I putting things together, I realized that we didn't have any bread or buns. So, I decided to replace the bun with the left-over lettuce that I had. The outcome was delicious! The sandwich was light and filling.


In the Teriyaki Burger, I used teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. I caramelized some onions and cooked them  in some teriyaki sauce. To accompany the burgers, I made garlic fries and seasoned the fries with paprika, salt, and pepper.  Everything was made in less than half an hour and that is what I usually go for. And that day, I swear I discovered the essences of the In-N-Out. spread...all the condiments. I used all the condiments known to man: mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, and relish and mixed them all together. My excitement was overwhelming because I uncovered what I thought was a mystery.




 Although I love to eat and cook, I hate cooking when I'm hungry. So overall, Brittany and I was satisfied with everything and were disappointed by the lack of sesame seed buns. 

No comments: